Apache Spark has become one of the most popular tools in machine learning because it can handle huge data sets at incredible speed. This book shows you Spark at its very best, demonstrating how to connect it with R to unlock maximum value from the tool and your data. These blueprints will reveal some of the most interesting challenges that Spark can help you tackle.
- Set up Apache Spark for machine learning and discover its impressive processing power
- Combine Spark & R to unlock detailed business insights essential for decision making
- Build machine learning systems w/ Spark that can detect fraud & analyze financial risks
- Create predictive models focusing on customer scoring & service ranking
- Design recommendation systems using SPSS on Apache Spark
- Tackle parallel computing & find out how it can support your machine learning projects
- Turn open data & communication data into actionable insights by making use of various forms of machine learning
Packt’s mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals. Working towards that vision, it has published over 3,000 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done–whether that’s specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.