A/B testing is used everywhere, from marketing, retail, news feeds, online advertising, and much more. If you're a data scientist, and you want to tell the rest of the company, "logo A is better than logo B," you're going to need numbers and stats to prove it. That's where A/B testing comes in. In this course, you'll do traditional A/B testing in order to appreciate its complexity as you elevate towards the Bayesian machine learning way of doing things.
- Access 40 lectures & 3.5 hours of content 24/7
- Improve on traditional A/B testing w/ adaptive methods
- Learn about epsilon-greedy algorithm & improve upon it w/ a similar algorithm called UCB1
- Understand how to use a fully Bayesian approach to A/B testing
The Lazy Programmer is a data scientist, big data engineer, and full stack software engineer. For his master's thesis he worked on brain-computer interfaces using machine learning. These assist non-verbal and non-mobile persons to communicate with their family and caregivers.
He has worked in online advertising and digital media as both a data scientist and big data engineer, and built various high-throughput web services around said data. He has created new big data pipelines using Hadoop/Pig/MapReduce, and created machine learning models to predict click-through rate, news feed recommender systems using linear regression, Bayesian Bandits, and collaborative filtering and validated the results using A/B testing.
He has taught undergraduate and graduate students in data science, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, calculus, computer graphics, and physics for students attending universities such as Columbia University, NYU, Humber College, and The New School.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: all levels, but knowledge of calculus, probability, Python, Numpy, Scipy, and Matplotlib is expected
- All code for this course is available for download here, in the directory ab_testing
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.