Understanding Java is the cornerstone of building great apps for Android - and this course is the perfect place to get started. With online labs and exercises included that have been university-tested, this in-depth course will significantly improve your learning capacity and prepare you to excel in Android development.
- Get fully versed in Java w/ over 103 lectures & 8.5 hours of content
- Get introduced to Android Studio IDE
- Study automated testing w/ JUnit w/ a special emphasis on test-driven development
- Understand Java data types
- Install the tools needed for Android development
- Study strings, control structures (if-then-else, loops), methods, classes & more
- Understand inheritance, interfaces, & polymorphism
- Learn about arrays & arrayLists
- Get fully prepared to succeed in a profession Android course
Dr. David Janzen has been teaching students and professionals to program for over 15 years. He is a Professor of Computer Science at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, a consultant and trainer with Simex, and co-founder of Steadfast Innovation, LLC, creators of the Squid (formerly Papyrus) natural note-taking app.
David received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Kansas (Rock Chalk Jayhawks!) and his BS in Math and Computer Science from Tabor College (go Bluejays!). He worked for Sprint where he built calling card fraud detection systems in Lisp and C++ to catch crooks. He taught at Bethel College, a small Christian liberal arts college in Kansas for seven years, and now he has been on the faculty at Cal Poly since 2006. He loves working with college students, and he teaches primarily on the edges - first-year introductory courses, final-year software engineering capstone, and graduate SE courses.
David has been teaching Android app development since early 2010. He contributed the Android labs created with his very competent graduate student, James Reed, to Google Code University where they received over 300K page views in the first year. He has published at least six apps in the Android Market. None of them are as successful as Angry Birds, but Squid, his Android note-taking app with Steadfast Innovation, LLC is well on its way. Several of his students' apps have resulted in startup companies, and one, Punchd, was even acquired by Google.
David's most recent research project is a web-based automated tutor for teaching computer programming which he uses in some of his courses. He has had some great collaborators so he only deserves a fraction of the credit. His PhD research examined the effects of test-driven development on software quality.
David lives in beautiful Morro Bay, California with his amazing wife and kids. He is one fortunate guy.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: beginner
- All sales final
- Instant digital redemption