This course will walk you through the Rapid D3.js framework, which is a powerful tool for generating data visualizations from spreadsheet data. You’ll dive into the logic behind data visualization and understand which types of graphs or charts are most effective for different kinds of projects. Before you know it, you'll be turning out visualizations that don't just look sleek and stunning, but also display your data in the most effective way possible.
- Use the Rapid D3.js framework to turn spreadsheet data into data visualizations
- Set up your development environment
- Prep your raw data for ingestion by parsing & cleaning it
- Create different kinds of visualizations: histograms, pie charts & more
- Label your visualization so that it clearly & accurately displays your data
- Make your visualization responsive by adding animations & user interactions
- Add extra features using libraries like Bootstrap, Figue & Lo-dash
- Debug your code & ensure it executes seamlessly
- Render your visualization so that it looks sleek & easy to read
- Understand the principles underlying good visualization & information design
Over the past 10 years, Packt Publishing has developed an extensive catalogue of over 3000 books, e-books, and video courses aimed at keeping IT professionals ahead of the technology curve. From new takes on established technologies through to the latest guides on emerging platforms, topics and trends – Packt’s focus has always been on giving customers the working knowledge they need to get the job done.