The functional programming nature and the availability of a REPL environment make Scala particularly well suited for a distributed computing framework like Spark. Using these two technologies in tandem can allow you to effectively analyze and explore data in an interactive environment with extremely fast feedback. This course will teach you how to best combine Spark and Scala, making it perfect for aspiring data analysts and Big Data engineers.
- Access 51 lectures & 8.5 hours of content 24/7
- Use Spark for a variety of analytics & machine learning tasks
- Understand functional programming constructs in Scala
- Implement complex algorithms like PageRank & Music Recommendations
- Work w/ a variety of datasets from airline delays to Twitter, web graphs, & Product Ratings
- Use the different features & libraries of Spark, like RDDs, Dataframes, Spark SQL, MLlib, Spark Streaming, & GraphX
- Write code in Scala REPL environments & build Scala applications w/ an IDE
Loonycorn is comprised of four individuals—Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi and Navdeep Singh—who have honed their tech expertises at Google and Flipkart. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into funny, practical, engaging courses, and is excited to be sharing its content with eager students.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: all levels, but some knowledge of Java or C++ is assumed
- Instant digital redemption