Writing With Impact: Writing That Persuades
60 Lessons (4.5h)
- Section one – getting started
- Section two – knowing your reader
- Section three – write less, say more
- Section four – how to get your message across to the widest possible audience
- Section five – how to craft sentences that sing
- Section six – incorporating stories into your business and technical writing
- Section seven – advanced persuasion techniques
Power Up Your Prose & Persuade Your Audience with Help From a University of Cambridge Tutor
Clare Lynch | Cambridge University Writing Tutor & Professional Copywriter
Dr. Clare Lynch has trained and coached people at a variety of organizations. She's helped executives break through the career roadblock created by poor, underconfident writing, and she also teaches academic writing and professional communication at the University of Cambridge. She is also a director at Cambridge Language Education and Research Associates (CLERA), which provides English language training and consultancy to governments, universities, the private sector and schools, both in the UK and overseas.
After receiving her PhD in Old English from Cambridge, she founded Doris and Bertie Ltd. As the managing director of Doris and Bertie, she heads a team of business writing experts that work with anyone who needs to write as part of their job. She is also the author of the business-writing blog Good Copy, Bad Copy. It's named on Copyblogger's list of 15 copywriting and content marketing blogs that will make you more money.
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
I give this course a low rating because the title is somewhat deceptive. I may be wrong but I don't recall the course description mentioning that this course is basically geared toward business and advertisement writing. I was expecting more of a creative writing course. Even so, I still did not see how this course would be very helpful to those with a business purpose given it's rudimentary course material.Jun 16, 2021
excellent product. A lot of small pieces that in gestalt style are more than the sum of their parts.Sep 17, 2020
The course was practical and interesting. I got insights that will help me in my work. The examples were relatable as they were evident in our daily interactions and communicationAug 4, 2020
Awesome product well laid out thoughtful intuitive an extremely persuasive lessons in this package you'll learn the basic structures of how to impact people with your writingAug 1, 2020
There are practical strategies which can assist someone who has novice or intermediate writing skills. This course also isn't just for someone who is writing articles or books but it's useful for business writing or emailsJul 5, 2020
Edna Patricia Mendoza
- Dr. Lynch is perfect!!! - I improved my writing techniques because of this course!! - concise and well-explained videos! - THE BEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE COURSE I HAD SO FAR!!! <3Apr 30, 2020